HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Twitter Feed  

Share | 

Bela Nombre Courthouse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Mon May 19, 2008 7:16 am

The courthouse is a regal-looking building, which sits in the exact center of town. On a clear day, one can see for miles from the clocktower, out past the shore and towards the restless, gray waters separating Bela Nombre from the Olympic Penninsula.

The exterior of the building is white with gold moldings at the corners and at every window; the clock in its tower sits below a high stained-glass dome in the design of hundred of red five-pointed stars and blue pentagons. Together, they create an intricate disgn of points and angles that cast an ambient glow on the inside of the tower, which houses one large bell cast in bronze and tinged green with the passage of time. Every hour, the bell chimes out the time in fleeting, inescapable gongs that rattle the courthouse with every peal.

The interior of the building houses ancient artworks of important-looking mena round tables; the floors are a patterned hardwood, dark in color. The walls are a neutral tan color, meant to be calming. The ceilings are all brass tin, pounded with designs of stars. All the doors are made of mohagany, and most remain closed, warding off wanderers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://belanombre.gratisforo.net
More than Music

Location : In your macaroni, warming my feetz. Yeah, I'm small enough.

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Fri May 23, 2008 3:07 am

Keith Dkain

His main concern lately had not been the adults of Bela Nombre. As usual, the teenagers had been his main concern. That Oliver boy was the type to strike out, whether he knew it or not. There was some pent up anger, it was obvious to Keith. But it was better that most others didn't notice it. They might use it against him. Oliver was better than most teenagers though, in the way that he refused to bend to the will of the social status quo system of the highschool.

But that Blair Vanderbilt was different. She ran the damned status quo. Why? Her mother, more than likely. With the incident of her parents, it was a wonder that Blair held it together. Keith frowned. That family was a disaster, and her mother... Never mind her mother. She was gone. But Blair was still here, as much as she hated that. Keith sighed, making a mental note to talk to her before she left.

Maybe he could get through to her, just maybe, and she could trust someone. Have someone to go to, because she didn't now. He knew that. He saw it in her eyes, when he got to see them at least. A mob of children usually surrounded her. It was her support, and Keith knew that it would just hurt her in the end.

Keith shook his head. The way that highschools worked was so idiotic, because it wouldn't matter who they were when they got out of it. Yale or no Yale, Blair needed a confidante. Keith held many secrets, and there was no one better he knew of. His confidante was Jimmy, believe it or not, for everything except for his wolf abilities. Rob was kind, but he didn't seem the type to understand.

It could only be Keith's guess that it had something to do with Rob being his father-figure. That made sense, he suppose. He could go to Rob, but he just chose not to.

The bell chimed, letting him know that it was now five o'clock. Time was passing, and he was losing it. Things in his head just got worse, the more he thought about them. But, no matter how he thought about it, that Blair needed help before she went crazy. It was fact, at least to him. But was there someone else too? Someone who just needed someone to understand? Maybe.

Keith, by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Fri May 23, 2008 3:30 am

Ruby Gehringer

Ugh...ow...ow...okay, note to self: Victorian boots may look awesome, but they are MURDER on your feet. Ruby pulled the hem of her lacy skirt up to examine her new white lace-up mock-Victorian boots, purchased not ten minutes ago at a garage sale. She grimaced and walked on, shouldering her book bag once more. She made her way down the Bela Nombre square, nodding absently to people she saw on the street, greeting them when they called her by name (which was most of them. Bela Nombre was small enough for everyone to know mostly everyone in town, and being the daughter of one of the town's best doctors, Ruby herself was rather well-known out and about) and secretly loving the strange stares she got as people passed her. Although the town as a whole had gotten used to her, they still found her a bit strange from time to time. The rain from earlier had stopped for the moment, and her lacy hem on her skirt had mostly recovered from it's splattering of mud. She straightened her scarf and walked on, trying to ignore her aching feet.

As she turned a corner, Ruby's boots got the better of her and she stumbled, turning her ankle in the process. She stopped the cry of pain before it got too loud and grabbed onto a nearby signpost for support, glaring at her foot. Gingerly, she got up, testing her foot to see if she could put weight on it. Finding she could, she walked briskly over to the nearest spot to sit down--the steps of the Bela Nombre Courthouse.

"Stupid boots..." she mumbled as she sat. Ruby began unlacing them as best she could, reaching into her bag to pull out her original shoes. As she struggled with the laces that had somehow managed, in her stroll from the garage sale to the courthouse, to tangle themselves up, the clock tower dutifully chimed. Five o'clock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
More than Music

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Fri May 23, 2008 4:00 am

Keith Dkain

He heard a cry, and his eyes widened. It wouldn't have been very loud for most people, but Keith's dog-like senses picked up on it, and it worried him. He glanced about, looking for the source. "Stupid boots..." a girl's voice muttered as she sat down on the steps.

Keith moved over to her as she struggled with the laces of her shoes. It was Miss Ruby. Miss Ruby... Ruby... Ruby Gehringer. Yes, that was it. He looked over to see some interesting looking boots beside her as she tried to put on some other shoes. He smiled slightly with amusement.

"Have your new treasures injured you, Miss Ruby?" he asked jokingly. He sat beside her, looking down at her feet. "Do you think it is serious, or just a sprain? I can take a look." He smiled a bit wider. "As an officer, I have been trained to tell the more basic sorts of injuries. As you may know, I think entirely too much.

'Miss Ruby Gehringer. Very much her own person, no matter what others think. But, sometimes, common sense and a free spirit doe not work together, as with the case of these odd boots. But she is a good girl, and her father is an exceptional doctor. I have met him sometimes, on cases.

"And where did you get such priceless items, Miss Ruby?" He eyed the boots thoughtfully. "They seem to be quite a piece of work, for they must be must more sturdy than they look, if anyone intends to walk in them without killing themselves."

Keith, by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Fri May 23, 2008 4:35 am

Ruby Gehringer

Ruby had succeeded in removing one white lace-up boot when she heard a voice behind her. She looked up to see the Bela Nombre sheriff, Keith Dkain. She managed a weak smile. She didn't know Mr. Dkain very well, but for some reason he had always unnerved her a bit. Maybe it was his strange eyes, but she personally thought it had to do with the bizarre habit he had of being everywhere, silently observing the inhabitants of Bela Nombre day by day. "Hi, there, Mr. Dkain," she said, returning her attention to her shoes for the moment.

"Have your new treasures injured you, Miss Ruby?" he asked, sitting on the steps next to her. Ruby rolled her eyes. "Unfortunately, yeah. They looked so awesome...but I guess I never really thought about what they would feel like."

Dkain looked down at Ruby's feet. "Do you think it is serious, or just a sprain? I can take a look." His smile broadened slightly. "As an officer, I have been trained to tell the more basic sorts of injuries. As you may know, I think entirely too much."

Ruby laughed. "That would be great, actually...if you wouldn't mind, that is. The last thing I need is for it to be worse than I think it is, and to have my dad lecture me on taking care of myself and all that. Gets old, you know?" Taking off her other boot and placing it beside her, she pulled up the hem of her long skirt a bit and offered the injured foot for Keith to examine.

"And where did you get such priceless items, Miss Ruby?" he asked, looking at them. "They seem to be quite a piece of work, for they must be must more sturdy than they look, if anyone intends to walk in them without killing themselves."

Ruby grinned. "I got them for three bucks at the garage sale the Rolinskis are having. Can you believe it?" She looked at the offending boots again. "But, yeah, they certainly aren't very sturdy...it's those darn ankles, really. There's no support for them or anything, which is what you need when you have heels that high. Without them..." With her arm, she demonstrated someone falling over. "So you see my dilemma."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
More than Music

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Sat May 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Keith Dkain

"Hi, there, Mr. Dkain," Ruby said, looking up slightly as she worked at her shoes. Keith asked if her 'new treasures' had injured her as he sat next to the girl. She rolled her eyes."Unfortunately, yeah. They looked so awesome...but I guess I never really thought about what they would feel like." Keith looked down at her feet, asking if he could take a look at her ankle. Ruby laughed, and Keith smiled wider. "That would be great, actually...if you wouldn't mind, that is. The last thing I need is for it to be worse than I think it is, and to have my dad lecture me on taking care of myself and all that. Gets old, you know?" She took off her other boot and pulled back the hem of her skirt slightly so that he could examine the ankle.

Keith moved closer, feeling up the bone. He smiled. "It's not broken. But needs to be popped back into the socket, to put it plainly. May I?" he asked, his voice very calm. He asked her where she had gotten the boots, saying that they looked like they were impossible to walk in without killing oneself. Ruby smiled at him, and Keith smiled back. "I got them for three bucks at the garage sale the Rolinskis are having. Can you believe it?" He shook his head, meeting her eyes just before the flickered to the boots again. "But, yeah, they certainly aren't very sturdy...it's those darn ankles, really. There's no support for them or anything, which is what you need when you have heels that high. Without them..." She showed her arm falling over, mocking the result. Keith chuckled. "So you see my dilemma."

"I do." he replied, smiling at her. "I think... that you should go to a shoe store, and see if they could fit something in there to protect your ankles. We cannot risk the well-being of our better citizens, however young."

Keith, by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Sun May 25, 2008 10:17 pm

Ruby Gehringer

Keith gently felt the bones of Ruby's ankle, and Ruby grimaced in pain. The man's voice was calm and steady as he said, "It's not broken. But needs to be popped back into the socket, to put it plainly. May I?" Ruby's eyes widened. "I dislocated my ankle? Woah. My dad is going to kill me...Aye, go ahead--in a minute."

She explained the circumstances under which she had acquired her new boots, pointing out that the lack of support in the ankles was the most likely cause of her wipe-out. "So you see my dilemma," she finished.

Keith laughed. I do," he told her. "I think... that you should go to a shoe store, and see if they could fit something in there to protect your ankles. We cannot risk the well-being of our better citizens, however young." Ruby smiled. "Thankee," she said, lapsing into Renaissance Fair talk. "That's quite a compliment, coming from you. And that's probably a good idea--I really like these shoes, but I can't wear them if they have a vendetta against me!"

She looked down at her ankle, swallowing hard. She was no stranger to injuries--how could she, with her dad being a doctor? Ruby knew exactly how much this was going to hurt, but she tried not to be afraid. She took a deep breath and braced herself, giving Keith a weak smile. "Okay, I'm ready now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
More than Music

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Mon May 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Keith Dkain

"I dislocated my ankle? Woah. My dad is going to kill me...Aye, go ahead--in a minute." Ruby said. Keith shook his head.

"I doubt he would be too upset, as long as I can fix it. Let me know when you are ready." he replied, sighing as he made himself a little more comfortable in the position he was in.

Ruby smiled when he said that she should go get something put in to support her ankles, because they couldn't spare the good citizens of Bela Nombre. "Thankee," Ruby replied.
"That's quite a compliment, coming from you. And that's probably a good idea--I really like these shoes, but I can't wear them if they have a vendetta against me!"

"I agree; it isn't a good idea." he told her, smiling slightly. Ruby looked down at her ankle and swallowed, and Keith found his smile growing slightly. "I shall go quickly, to spare you any pain possible." She looked at him and smiled.

"Okay, I'm ready now."

Keith nodded, moving deftly to put the girl's anklebone back into place. There was a slight 'pop', and Keith smiled at her, tenderly massaging the sensitive joint. "There. Better. Does it still hurt?" he asked her, his voice gentle. "I must insist that you do not wear those until you get some support for your ankles... I would hate for it to cause any permanent damage." He smiled at her. "You are special, to me and to this town, Ruby. Take care of yourself."

Keith, by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Tue May 27, 2008 1:50 am

Ruby Gehringer

Ruby lamented on how her dad would react to the news that she had dislocated her ankle, and Keith shook his head. "I doubt he would be too upset, as long as I can fix it," he said, and Ruby nodded. "You're probably right..." "Let me know when you are ready," he continued.

Keith mentioned the possibility that Ruby would be able to find something at a shoe store that would make her new boots wearable, adding, We cannot risk the well-being of our better citizens, however young." She smiled and thanked him. "And that's probably a good idea--I really like these shoes, but I can't wear them if they have a vendetta against me!" she said. Keith smiled a bit. "I agree; it isn't a good idea."

Ruby knew she was stalling, trying to prolong the time before he fixed her ankle. She looked at the foot in question and swallowed hard, gathering up her courage. Mr. Dkain seemed to sense her growing anxiety, for he said, "I shall go quickly, to spare you any pain possible." Ruby smiled and took a deep breath, telling him that she was ready.

It was all over in less than a minute. Ruby yelped in pain and surprise at the audible pop the joint made as it was put back into place. The pain remained for a moment or two while Keith massaged the joint, but then it was gone save for a few brief twinges. "There. Better. Does it still hurt?" he asked mildly. She shook her head and smiled. "No, not anymore. Thanks so much!" Gingerly, she stood up, gradually putting more and more weight on her ankle until she was able to stand on her own two feet. "Good as new!" she said, laughing.

"I must insist that you do not wear those until you get some support for your ankles... I would hate for it to cause any permanent damage." He smiled at her, one of the more genuine smiles she had recieved. "You are special, to me and to this town, Ruby. Take care of yourself." Ruby nodded. "I won't, not for a while at least. I've learned my lesson," she knelt and tucked the boots back into her bag, pulling on her other shoes. She stood up and grinned again. "Thanks again, Mr. Dkain."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
More than Music

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Tue May 27, 2008 2:02 am

Keith Dkain

Keith tried to keep himself steady when Ruby cried out, but it was hard. He had the uncontrollable habit to try and fix everything he came across, and he hated to see someone in pain. But, after a few moments, Ruby calmed. He asked if it hurt anymore, and she shook her head, a smile coming onto her face once more. "No, not anymore. Thanks so much!" she replied, standing up. He made himself stay put as she tested her balance. "Good as new!" she added, laughing. Keit went on to insist that she not wear her new boots until she got support in them, smiling as he told her that she was special to him. Ruby nodded. "I won't, not for a while at least. I've learned my lesson," She assured him, putting away the treasures and slippping into her own shoes. She stood up and smiled, making Keith's smile grow. "Thanks again, Mr. Dkain."

"It is my pleasure to be of assistance to you, Miss Ruby." he said, standing up as well. "And if your father gives you any trouble, let me know. I'll talk to him." His tone was jeering, and he winked at her to let her know that he meant it as nothing more than a friendly note. "Good day, Miss Ruby."

As he walked away, Keith thought about Ruby. He knew that it must be hard to be so different, and be so strong on staying that way. Ruby was a good girl, and a very stubborn one. Stubborn in the best sense, of course. He smiled, moving on to another part of town for his daily rounds.

Keith has left the Courthouse area

Keith, by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Tue May 27, 2008 2:52 am

Ruby Gehringer

"It is my pleasure to be of assistance to you, Miss Ruby," Keith Dkain told her, the very picture of the Victorian gentleman. This whole ordeal is rather like Marianne Dashwood and Mr. Willoughby's first meeting in Sense and Sensibility--minus the rain and the awesome setting and the crush-at-first-sight theme,Ruby thought amusedly. He stood as well, saying, "And if your father gives you any trouble, let me know. I'll talk to him." He added a wink to assure Ruby that he was joking. Ruby laughed and nodded. "Will do, Sheriff, will do."

"Good day, Miss Ruby," Keith said. Ruby did a little curtsy and replied, "Thanks again, Mr. Dkain! Farewell!" Keith turned and began walking away from the courthouse, and Ruby carefully made her way down the steps and went the opposite way, towards her house. The rain started up again as she made her way along the square, and she sighed. She went to use her bookbag as shelter again, but after a moment stopped. This isn't so bad, she thought. It's not anywhere near as cold as it was this morning...it's almost nice, actually.

Ruby cautiously tried to skip, to see if her ankle could handle it. When she realized that it could, she grinned and skipped happily down the streets, waving and smiling to everyone. "I'm singin' in the rain..." she sang.

Ruby has left the Courthouse and the surrounding area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Sun May 24, 2009 9:33 am

Ruby Gehringer

There was only so much R&R that someone could take, Ruby was discovering. In the days following her broken wrist and stint in the hospital Ruby had been pampered and taken care of obsessively by her mother, to the point where she was on the verge of tearing the purple plaster cast off of her arm in frustration. Her mother hovered over her 24/7, it seemed, ready and willing to help at a moment notice, and her father was the same way, although he would add in medical tips and suggestions as well as cookies and books. Ruby had seen more movies since her accident than she could remember in quite a while--she had loved Slumdog Millionaire, been indifferent on The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and utterly hated Rachel Getting Married--had read too many books and magazines to count, and was even staying caught up with her schoolwork out of pure boredom. She couldn't stand being shut up inside for so long, so she had seized her opportunity--when her mother went out grocery shopping, she slipped into a pair of flip-flops (the only shoes she owned that she didn't have to use her hands to put on--and escaped into the outside world to take a quick walk.

The fresh air on her face felt wonderful after so many days of staying inside at school and at home, and Ruby smiled to herself. Finally. Mom will kill me if she sees me, but I don't care. I need this. It's not like I can't walk or anything. I broke my wrist, that's all. It's no reason to confine me to freaking Alcatraz until the cast comes off.

People who passed her on the streets waved and smiled, welcoming her back to society and asking about her arm with vaguely amused looks on their faces. To them, Ruby was dressed very strangely that day indeed--just an old pair of jeans and her Harry Potter T-shirt. I must be giving them all heart attacks right now...'She's dressing normally! It's a sign of the apocalypse!'

People are so funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:42 pm

OOC: Link to what Blair is wearing is here in case you didn't see the link in the body, since it looks the same as the regular text. I recommend clicking because not only does Leighton look dynamite in it but you'll see that it seriously is a departure for Blair, haha:
http://gossipgirlonline.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1118&pos=478

Blair Vanderbilt

The best way to describe Blair Vanderbilt's style was probably pristine. Or put-together. Always stylish, always youthful, but very classic and always appropriate. Blair was probably the last person you'd ever see wearing something that was too revealing or anything less than completely appropriate for the occasion.

Which was why Blair felt completely and utterly exposed in her super-sexy dress. She told herself that it was more than appropriate for the occasion, since she was on her way to see Anthony at his apartment (since it was established that they would never meet at her house) and most likely have mind-blowing sex with him. But she still felt uncomfortable, although she didn't show it, of course. Especially since she also felt kind of hot, especially as a random guy wolf-whistled at her and yelled, "Nice ass!"

She gave him the finger. Which meant, Thank you. Even though she was kind of cold and kind of uncomfortable in her dress, it was totally worth it. And it'd be even more worth it when Anthony got a look at her.

Her musings were interrupted when she accidentally bumped into Ruby Gehringer. Literally. "Oh, hello, Ruby," Blair said with that cool, patronizing stare that somehow made it seem as if she were looking down on Ruby even though Blair was in fact the shorter one. It was a talent that few possessed. "Nice T-shirt." Blair twisted her little ruby ring around her finger, wondering if Ruby felt jealous as the same guy walked up to her (probably on a dare) and said, "Hey, baby, are you seeing anyone?"

"Don't call me baby," Blair said. "I don't even know who you are."

"Well, are you?"

"Yes. I'm on my way to see him now. Now please go away."

"No worries, babe. What's his name?"

"His name is Anthony. Stop staring at my boobs."

"Yeah, looking forward to seeing you again too."

Blair rolled her eyes as the guy walked away. "Sorry," she said. "It's like they want you more when you don't want them. But I'm sure you know all about that." Actually, Blair was sure she didn't. "You've had a boyfriend before, haven't you?" Blair, again, was sure she hadn't. "I don't remember seeing you with anyone. But then again, the guys in BNHS are all so immature. You've probably dated someone in college. Or older." Blair was, again, sure she hadn't - she was just waiting for Ruby to admit it. It's not like college guys would go for her. Let alone older guys like Anthony. It'd just be more embarrassing for Ruby to admit that she hadn't gone out with anyone (unless she had) after Blair had put all those expectations on her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z11.invisionfree.com/Ballantyne_Rankin
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:33 am

Ruby Gehringer

She heard the tell-tale whistles of Bela Nombre's friendly neighborhood perverts, and she looked around to see just who was their target this time. You have to kind of almost feel a bit bad for them, don't you? she thought. They have no chance with any of the girls they jeer at, yet they try anyway...it's sad. And creepy. Mostly creepy though. Even so, Ruby couldn't help wishing that just for one moment, someone would notice the way she looked. Not in a creepy pedophile or potential-rapist way, but in a way that made her feel like...she didn't even know. Pretty? Appreciated? Noticed?

I get noticed, all right. The fact that people notice who I am and what I look like and what I'm wearing is the reason I dress the way I do. I spent my whole life being invisible, and now people are going to see me, dammit!

It's just...no one ever sees me like that.

Ruby collided with another person then, and had to quickly stifle the gasp of pain that throbbed up from the purple cast. Hey. Girl with injury here. Is it that hard to notice? She forced her face into a neutral expression and looked up to see who she had bumped into.

If it wasn't for the tell-tale pale skin and perfect hair, she wouldn't have even recognized Blair Vanderbilt. Her low-cut, short dress was such a departure from her normal wardrobe staples it was almost unnerving. On any other person such a change would look uncomfortable and awkward as they struggled to adjust to wearing something so completely new--Ruby had felt the same way the first time she had worn an actual corset with the wasit-cinching boning sewn inside--but this was Blair, after all. As usual, she looked completely confident--so much so Ruby almost felt sick. Did she look that confident when she wore the clothes she loved? She doubted it. Ruby also had to fight the urge to look down at her own chest. I would look like a kid playing dress-up in that...

"Oh, hello, Ruby," Blair said, not necessarily friendly but not all together unfriendly either. Ruby gave her a little smile. "Hi, Blair. Haven't seen you in a while."

"Nice T-shirt." Ruby looked down at the Hogwarts crest emblazoned on her shirt and shrugged. "Thanks. I've learned it's hard to lace up a corset one-handed, so I've gone normal for a bit." She waved the arm encased in the cast around with a sheepish smile. "Long story short, I shouldn't be allowed to walk. I'm a danger to myself and others."

"Hey, baby, are you seeing anyone?" said a male voice, cutting through Ruby and Blair's rather awkward conversation. Ruby rolled her eyes, and Blair looked even less amused. "Don't call me baby, I don't even know who you are."

"Well, are you?" the guy persisted, obviously not taking a hint. Ruby shot him a glare. Dude, take my advice and just walk away. Walk away, before you find a stiletto embedded in your eye or something else gruesome like that.

"Yes. I'm on my way to see him now. Now please go away."

"No worries, babe. What's his name?" The guy didn't seem like he would be going away any time soon. "What does it matter?" Ruby asked. Blair however, didn't seem fazed. "His name is Anthony. Stop staring at my boobs." At least you have boobs to be stared at.

Heckler-Man finally seemed to run out of steam at that, saying, "Yeah, looking forward to seeing you again too," and walking away. Ruby sighed in relief. "Sorry," Blair said. "It's like they want you more when you don't want them. But I'm sure you know all about that."

Ruby shrugged. "Somewhat. I go to Renaissance Faires, you know...there's a lot of hitting on that goes on at those. Especially depending on what type of costume you have. But there, you get hit on by guys doing very bad impersonations of Olde English...yeah," she trailed off lamely.

"You've had a boyfriend before, haven't you?" Eh, not really. "I don't remember seeing you with anyone. But then again, the guys in BNHS are all so immature. You've probably dated someone in college. Or older."

Ruby felt her face reddening against her will. "Um...not really, no. I've never had a boyfriend. I, uh, got married in kindergarten though, does that count? Then again, I think most people have...you know, the classic playground wedding ceremony and stuff..." Idiot. Open mouth, insert foot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:56 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

"Oh, hello, Ruby," she said rather disinterestedly, but not unkindly, figuring that Ruby would say a hello back and make some excuse to get away and not actually engage in an actual conversation. But no, she left it open-ended and replied, "Hi, Blair. Haven't seen you in a while."

"Nice T-shirt," Blair said even though it really did nothing for her rectangular body and kind of made her look like a little kid. At least those crazy Victorian clothes were waist-defining (even if they were not at all appropriate for high school. They could be considered chic in some circumstances but not to the extent she took it and definitely not in Bela Nombre High School, or in some cave somewhere - pretty much the only places she'd ever seen Ruby).

Obviously she didn't pick up on the tone in Blair's voice. "Thanks. I've learned it's hard to lace up a corset one-handed, so I've gone normal for a bit." She waved the arm encased a cast, as if Blair hadn't seen her before. "Long story short, I shouldn't be allowed to walk. I'm a danger to myself and others."

"I can imagine," Blair remarked dryly. "By the way, I was being sarcastic about the shirt."

Just then, some guy came up to Blair and started harrassing her. Ugh. She hated that. But it did make her feel hot - a feeling which she hoarded. It's probably just because all this extra fat made my boobs look bigger, she thought but didn't let the sobering thought show on the outside. Eventually, though, he went away. "Sorry," Blair said. "It's like they want you more when you don't want them. But I'm sure you know all about that."

Ruby shrugged. "Somewhat. I go to Renaissance Faires, you know...there's a lot of hitting on that goes on at those. Especially depending on what type of costume you have. But there, you get hit on by guys doing very bad impersonations of Olde English...yeah," she trailed off, obviously intimidated. Well, it's about time, Blair thought with some satisfaction.

"Really? That's weird," Blair said derisively. "But I wasn't talking about that. You've had a boyfriend before, haven't you? I don't remember seeing you with anyone. But then again, the guys in BNHS are all so immature. You've probably dated someone in college. Or older."

The corners of Blair's mouth curled upward as she saw color rush to Ruby's face. Looked rather weird against her hair. "Um...not really, no. I've never had a boyfriend. I, uh, got married in kindergarten though, does that count? Then again, I think most people have...you know, the classic playground wedding ceremony and stuff..."

"Riight," Blair said. "So you've really never had a boyfriend? Wow." She tucked a curly lock of hair behind her ear, once again giving Ruby that special stare of hers that made it seem as if she were looking down at her even though from her height, it should have been Ruby looking down at Blair. Although Blair was wearing super-high, super-sexy heels. "I thought you and that Oliver guy . . . but then again, it did seem rather strange that he said he was jealous of Anthony on Twitter." Plus, he's too hot for you, she added mentally. Honestly Blair hadn't even entertained the thought of Oliver liking Ruby in that way, but now that the thought had been planted in her head . . . Oliver was the type who would claim that they didn't care about outside appearances; maybe he saw something in Ruby that she didn't. Maybe he found that self-assuredness, the way she seemed so comfortable with herself even though she clearly didn't fit in, maybe he found that charming. Thus Ruby had to be made to feel totally inferior to Blair. "But then again, who wouldn't be. He's totally hot, and so . . . mature. Nothing like the guys at BNHS."
Back to top Go down
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:42 am

Ruby Gehringer

"I can imagine," said Blair. "By the way, I was being sarcastic about the shirt." Ruby just smiled wryly. "I know," she said cheerfully. "I wasn't." You've got to give people a little more credit, Miss Queen. I mean, we might all be in awe of you and everything, but that doesn't mean we're stupid. The majority of the population of Bela Nombre can, contrary to popular belief, identify sarcasm when they hear it.

What happened next was sort of a new experience for Ruby, at least outside of a Faire, but one that Blair seemed rather used to: a heckler hitting on her. Hitting on Blair, that is--Ruby in her form-hiding (Not that there's much to hide anyway...or much to show off Ruby glumly added to herself) clothes wasn't even acknowledged by the guy. Not that she minded much, of course...it was awkward enough just watching. But still...

Blair started talking about how annoying the heckler had been and how Ruby probably knew all about it, leading Ruby to make an awkward, stumbling explanation about the behavior of people at Ren Faires. It's sort of the same thing, she defended herself in her mind. Except for the fact that it's kind of expected that you'll get very badly and awkwardly hit on...in Olde English...especially if you're wearing pirate garb. Or a low-cut bodice. Or anything really...at Ren Faires it doesn't really matter what you look like. Maybe that's why I like them so much? Aside from the fact that they're so incredibly awesome it's not even funny?

Then Blair asked Ruby to confirm whether or not she had ever had a boyfriend. Caught off-guard, Ruby had no time to invent some story of some dashing young archer at a Faire somewhere, who she rendevous-ed with every year on the anniversary of the day they met or anything, just to make herself seem less pathetic. She could only tell the truth. "Um...not really, no. I've never had a boyfriend," she admitted, her face growing hot. "I, uh, got married in kindergarten though, does that count? Then again, I think most people have...you know, the classic playground wedding ceremony and stuff..."

Riight," Blair said, her tone condescending. "So you've really never had a boyfriend?" Ruby shook her head. "Wow. I thought you and that Oliver guy . . . but then again, it did seem rather strange that he said he was jealous of Anthony on Twitter."

Ruby had to chuckle a bit at this. "What, me and Oliver? In my dreams. We're just friends, believe me." And I'm fine with that. I am. At least...I think I am. He did save me, I guess...I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't been in Eaz that night...but that's all we are. Friends. And that's okay with me.

Isn't it?

"But then again, who wouldn't be. He's totally hot, and so . . . mature. Nothing like the guys at BNHS."

Ruby nodded. "I'm sure he is," she murmured.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*usernamegoeshere*

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:13 am

Anthony Rhodes

The first thing he recognized was the long, dark hair curling softly down her back. And the second thing was that great ass of hers. The third thing was the china-doll skin. The last thing was the dress he had bought her as a present. Short, figure-hugging and low-cut, he couldn't wait to get a glimpse of what she looked like in front. And she was wearing it with one of those sharp, pointy heels of hers and he could just bet she had some great lingerie on underneath. He could have taken her right then, if not for the girl she was talking to.

"Blair," he greeted her with a smile. "So nice to see you," he said with the demeanor of an uncle surveying a favorite niece. Except that she was wearing a gold lanyard and it was practically like an arrow pointing to her cleavage (at least it was to him) and he couldn't help following it with his eyes down there and then to those hips of hers and then to her bare legs and it was a fantastic tribute to her face that it kept his eyes off her body. "You're looking nice," he said, not taking his eyes off her for a second, his gaze burning into hers.

"Blair, I'd like to talk to you for a moment," he said. "Do you mind?" And he took her by the arm and practically dragged her behind the courthouse, where they had some privacy, and pushed her against the wall and ground his lips on hers. "You look so hot in that dress I got you," he said, burying his face into her neck. He traced the shape of her collarbone with his mouth, biting down as he got to the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:27 am

Blair Vanderbilt

She couldn't help bringing up Anthony. She knew that she shouldn't, but she couldn't help it. Anyway, it couldn't hurt. After all, Ruby didn't know exactly how old he was. For all she knew, he could have been in college. It would just make Ruby feel rather jealous and maybe even get her to respect Blair a little more (her attitude, as of now, was inexcusable) and it wouldn't hurt Blair at all. After all, if she had her way then no one she knew would ever meet Anthony . . .

But apparently someone up there didn't really want Blair to have her way, because who should come striding up but Anthony. "Blair," he greeted her and she turned around.

"Mr Rhodes! It's been a while," she said, keeping her cool.

"So nice to see you," he said and he couldn't help but looking her up and down lasciviously, but he covered it up by saying, "You're looking nice." As if he was just like an uncle surveying a favorite niece after a few years. Blair relaxed a little bit. Anthony was doing perfectly, aside from that one little hitch. After all, Ruby couldn't be too familiar with lascivious gazes and Anthony's gaze was always rather intense (but then again, he hadn't seen him look at anyone but her).

"Thank you," she said. "Ruby, this is my father's friend, Mr Rhodes," she added, turning to Ruby and aware of Anthony's gaze still boring into her. She could feel heat emanating from his body. Because he was hot, the kind of man girls would kill to have as their teacher so that they could just be close to him, the kind of man who could score the hottest girls even when they were fifty.

"Blair, I'd like to talk to you for a moment," he said suddenly. "Do you mind?"

"Not at all," she said and then turned back to Ruby. "Excuse us for a moment," she said as Anthony grabbed her arm and pulled her briskly along to the back of the courthouse, where no one was there, and he ground his mouth against hers. Blair responded with equal fervor (she had been waiting for this all day) and as they came up for breath, he said, "You look so hot in that dress I got you."

She couldn't say thank you, because what came out was a gasp instead as his lips moved down to her collarbone, and when he bit down the gasp turned into a moan. Blair grabbed his tie, pulling him closer to her so that they were touching at all points.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:33 pm

OOC: I am SOOOOO sorry I've been AWOL around here. Feel free to hit me. I'm gonna do my best to stay caught up from now on. BIC:

Ruby Gehringer

Just as Ruby was about to resort to either making a lame excuse and making her escape, or else fleeing madly until she was too far away for Blair to chase in her stiletto heels, a good-looking older man came around the corner. Not older like the adorable little old man in the movie Up, which Ruby had adored, but adorable in that same way that made Eomer of Rohan in Lord of the Rings compelling. Distinguished. Dapper. Things like that.

Woah, easy there, Ruby. Let's not get carried away here...wow. Um. Yes. New subject for contemplation now, shall we? How about...my physics project. That sounds like something much more harmless to think about. Or...global warming. Or what's going to be on Masterpiece Classic tonight. I hope it's a Jane Austen movie.

"Blair," the man said, his voice deep and velvety. Not entirely unlike Robert Downey Junior's voice in Sherlock Holmes. Yes! That's it! Think about Sherlock Holmes. Think about how fifteen minutes into the movie you wante him to ravish you within an inch of your life. Perfect. Think about him.

"Mr Rhodes! It's been a while." If Ruby had been paying more attention to the conversation rather than daydreaming about dashing Victorian detectives, she might have noticed the look that came over Blair's eyes when "Mr. Rhodes" joined them, or the subtle nuances in their conversational tones. As it was, Ruby was totally oblivious.

"So nice to see you. You're looking nice."

"Thank you. Ruby, this is my father's friend, Mr Rhodes," Blair said, signaling Ruby to get her head out of Victorian England and back in Bela Nombre. She gave a smile and held out a hand for Mr. Rhodes to shake. "Nice to meet you. I'm Ruby Gehringer."

"Blair, I'd like to talk to you for a moment. Do you mind?" Mr. Rhodes asked.

"Not at all," Blair replied, the picture of innocence. "Excuse us for a moment," she added to Ruby before walking off.

Well, this was fantastic. Now Ruby was trapped in conversation limbo, unable to leave because Blair had said they would be back. She didn't even have a book to pass the time. With a sign, she started daydreaming again...

In the space of a few minutes, Ruby had created a self-insert character for the Sherlock Holmes movie. Virginia "Ginny" Fletcher, orphan of the streets who wandered into Holmes' office two years prior to the events of the movie looking for work. While initially turned away, she wound up into the mystery anyway and Holmes agreed. She was in the midst of creating dialogue for the opening scene with Watson, Holmes, and Ginny when she heard a strange noise. A kind of...moaning. Ruby's ears picked up, familiar enough with northern Washington to know it could be some sort of wild animal. Slowly, she began creeping toward the source of the noise, exactly where Blair and her companion had left just moments before.

Ruby stopped cold. Their arms were wrapped around each other so tight Ruby thought it would be impossible to even get a piece of paper between them, and... It looks like he's eating her face!

"Um...Blair...?" she said before she could stop herself, eyes wide as dinner plates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*usernamegoeshere*

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Anthony Rhodes

It was ridiculous, for lack of better word. The longing, the burning he felt for her. No matter how close he pressed himself against her, it wasn't ever enough. If he could melt into her, he would, and one of these days he would. He would melt into her body and live inside her. But for now, this would have to do, because nothing was more beautiful than this. Those red lips, now swollen with kisses, parting to let loose a drawn-out, wanton moan; the white hand yanking at his tie to pull him closer; the pointy stilettos digging into his back in the most pleasurable form of pain possible.

To think that a girl of 18, and a masochist at that, would have him on his knees like this. He was obsessed - he would have been the first to admit that. After all, it would have been only too easy to find someone else. This was more than lust; it was something else altogether that threatened to consume them both in its fire. "Blair," he breathed, just because that was the way one was supposed to say her name. It rolled off his tongue as if he had been born to say it. BlairBlairBlairBlairBlairBlair.

All of a sudden, a voice coming from the background. "Um...Blair...?" And it was all he could do to let go of her, to step back and turn around to see who it was. That little classmate of Blair's. Ruby or Pearl or something like that, her eyes open wide.

"Turned on?" he asked with a smirk in his most velvety tones. He bet she was. If he were her, he would be. The sight of Blair Vanderbilt in such a state was enough to make any girl go gay - Anthony looked back at her and he couldn't turn away. The image of her face was burned onto his retinas but he still couldn't get enough of her. She was taking over his whole life, dammit, consuming him from the inside and out, although she didn't know it. And the most ridiculous thing of all was that he would let her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:03 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

"Blair," Anthony breathed and a sob made its way out of her throat without her permitting it to - the kind that sounded like it was due to pleasure. However, this wasn't actually the case - this particular sob came from her pain. And it was ridiculous, for lack of better word, that the feeling of being wanted and even cared for was one that she had craved for as long as she could remember. She was obsessed with being wanted, loved, and just as she was getting what she wanted so badly (except for perhaps that last part - she wasn't naive. She didn't believe that Anthony was her white knight or anything like that. No, Anthony's armour was black, jet black and in some ways she preferred it that way. It mirrored her own dark thoughts, the ones that she wouldn't even let herself see), she couldn't take it. It was consuming her, and him too. The unhealthiest of relationships and yet they still carried on with their game, and they would until it was played out.

But then, a voice. "Um...Blair...?" it said and she snapped to attention, squirming under Anthony's grasp, causing him to move away.

"Turned on?" he said in the most seductive of tones, in a voice so compelling that she wouldn't have been surprised if Ruby kept her secret without her blackmail. But of course, further action was needed.

"Shut up," she hissed, elbowing him sharply, and then, in her normal, haughty voice, "Ruby, as you well know, my family owns over half of Bela Nombre, including the hospital, where your father works. Now, I'm sure you know what that means. If you tell anyone about this...well, let's just say that there will be consequences." Blair shrugged, still uncomfortably aware of Anthony's gaze burning into her. "It wouldn't be hard, as I'm sure you know. One little phone call..."
Back to top Go down
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:15 am

Ruby Gehringer

The two of them were going at it so much that Ruby thought for a moment that she was watching pornography, and she privately wondered why they were making out so furiously in the woods, of all places. Her very limited knowledge of sex came from movies and books, and they always seemed to make it much more...civilized, she supposed the word would be. At least, more civilized than whatever the heck this was.

Then a thought struck her. What if this wasn't consensual? Was "Mr. Rhodes" forcing himself upon Blair, planning to rape her or something? For some reason Ruby doubted it--Blair was a strong girl, and she probably would have been able to knock the guy out in two seconds flat and then come running out of there if indeed that was the case--but her mind wouldn't let her rule out any possibilities. Maybe calling out to her would work, just to check? Ruby didn't know why she was being so protective all of a sudden, but if she was correct, she certainly didn't want a sex offender running around her domain of small-town Bela Nombre. The little hamlet didn't deserve that...where was Keith Dkain when you needed him?

"Um...Blair...?" The moment the words spilled out of her mouth she wished she could take them back. She had to be wrong, and now Blair was going to murder her and toss her mangled body over the nearest cliff. Or worse, find some way to torture her at school.

She needs to sort out her priorities, she thought stupidly before her mind berated itself for thinking of Harry Potter at a time like this.

"Turned on?" Mr. Rhodes called out placidly. Ruby's expression of shock remained as it was on her face. On the contrary, she thought, her face like a statue, I may vomit.

"Shut up," Blair told her lover, before reverting to the uppity tone Ruby knew very well. "Ruby, as you well know, my family owns over half of Bela Nombre, including the hospital, where your father works. Now, I'm sure you know what that means. If you tell anyone about this...well, let's just say that there will be consequences. It wouldn't be hard, as I'm sure you know. One little phone call..."

Ruby's face burned, her heart freezing in her chest. She was blackmailing her! After all they'd gone through, uprooting her family from Michigan like that to come to this rain-drenched town...Blair could just take it all away, just like that? No way. No way.

But she couldn't refuse. She wished she could, but she couldn't.

"Message received," she said, her voice quiet and docile. "Don't worry, Blair, I won't tell a soul. I'll leave now. Right now." And with that, she turned, wrapping her arms around herself, barely noticing the bulky purple plaster of the cast that encircled her broken wrist. That was how she walked all the way home, hugging herself as if trying to keep the pieces of her life from falling apart at the seams, silent tears of anger and betrayal and confusion streaming down her face.

Ruby has left the Courthouse...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bela Nombre Courthouse   

Back to top Go down

Bela Nombre Courthouse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bela Nombre :: The Square-
Jump to: