HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Twitter Feed  

Share | 

Eaz Forest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Eaz Forest   Mon May 19, 2008 8:48 am

The outskirts are dominated by a dark, imposing forest, which stretches for four miles along the coastline of Washington. Noted for its tall, ancient coniferous trees, the Spanish moss draped over mossy trunks, and the rolling, billowing fog banks that cover the soggy ground and create a dream-like effect, the very things that make Eaz beautiful also make it dangerous. Many things lurk in the forest, hiding among the broken trees and cloaked in the dense, low-laying clouds. The forest stretches endlessly, and to get lost in it is only too easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://belanombre.gratisforo.net
More than Music

Location : In your macaroni, warming my feetz. Yeah, I'm small enough.

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Thu May 22, 2008 5:21 am

Keith Dkain

Keith was taking a walk around the forest, because he wanted to see if there was anything going on there this afternoon. Sometimes, trouble-makers wandered out here, thinking that they escaped his watchful eyes.

He made it a habit to always take a daily patrol of the town, even though the other officers did that too. He wanted to know exactly what the conditions were himself, because then he wouldn't wonder whether what he had been told was the truth or not. This way, he knew. He liked to know.

Trouble-makers sometimes went here sometimes, because - as far as he could figure - they thought that no one would know they were there. Keith knew. This forest was part of his territory. Like any other dog, he knew where his territory ended and began, and when there were intruders.

He took in a deep breath as he stopped, seeing if the atmosphere had changed.

Nothing.

Keith looked down at his clothes. He really hoped he matched. None of the other officers had seen him in yet today. They were the only ones who would tell him if the colors were good together.

He hated when Rob bought him clothes. That man knew that Keith was color-blind, and sent him clothes that didn't match. He knew, because he had caught him before. Luckily, Jimmy from the station had been there when he got them.

'That tricky man things it's so funny to see me in such a state. It is no more my fault than any dog. I can't see colors. It's a fact.'

Keith, by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Thu May 22, 2008 6:49 am

Oliver Vandrose

How long had he been running? And how far had he run? He only knew he'd broken the edge of the forest a few minutes ago, and before that, a seemingly endless green expanse that stretched from Bela Nombre to the sea. . .

There was no set distance on how far a vampyre could run in a given amount of time. It all depended on the amount of desire one had to get sfrom one place ot another, or if something was provoking him. . . anything ran faster when being persued, that was scientific fact.

But nothing was chasing him, nor was he chasing anything in particular, so he slowed to a walk, the eerie silence of the forest pressing hard upon his eardrums.

He sighed. The forest had been like this for a few weeks -- completely still, silent, as if time had halted within the forest and no place else -- or more accurately, all the creatures within it could sense a storm. Except, storms were an almost daily occurance here, and it had never seemed to set the forest on edge like this before. No, this was different. Something was coming. But what?

Of course, the looming, unseen danger only meant that hunting had become almost impossible. On the off chance he did find something, it was usually only a squirrel or some other small animal, not nearly enough to satisfy his thirst. He was starting to get desperate, thinking of taking a few days off school with Ross and going downstate.

He stopped. His nose had caught the scent of something. . . canine. The word itself set him on edge, although the scent was different -- not the overpowering, not the same spicy, sharp scent that belonged to a wolf, but merely. . . a dog, but not quite so simply. It was different.

He slowed, wondering if the dog was a stray, if anyone would miss it if it were to disappear. Probably not. Not many dogs would willingly wander Eaz, unless it wasn't really from around here, unless it was lost and hopeless.

He crouched down, ready to spring, and began to take slow, deliberate steps towards the strange scent. It was definitely canine, but there was a hint of something else, something that he felt he should have recognized, but didn't. . .

He rounded the trunk of a massive, fallen pine, and crouched low behind it, his eyes searching, but whatever was in the forest was hiding just as deftly as he was.

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
More than Music

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Thu May 22, 2008 10:38 am

Keith Dkain

The feeling of an intruder out in the forest was strong. He knew that someone else was here now. He wasn't going crazy. The gray world around him spun as he turned around. 'Keep your cool. Keep your cool. Remember what Rob told you: The weakness of an officer is to be afraid of the unknown. We are here to be brave. We have nothing to lose.'

His fear melted away, and he stood up straight. He would not be afraid. Keith was determined. He would be Bela Nombre's protector, its keeper. Its guardian.

He smelled the scent. It was familiar, but not. He had made it his business - along with many other things - to know everyone in Bela Nombre. Even those who did not wish to be known. He believed in magicals and vampyres, werewolves too. He believed because he was smart, and no idiot would refuse to believe something that he was subject to.

Keith was a magical of sorts, possessing a few abilities along with a wolf-form. But few or none of the people around him knew that. He had told no one. But the vampyres could sniff him out, and the werewolves frowned upon him.

But at least he had control of his form, and he did not need to kill to survive.

With a howl, he morphed into his wolf-form, crouching down slightly as he walked, readying himself.

The smell was familiar to him, and he tried to fit a name to the smell. He was pretty sure of who it was, a face was there, but the name was slower coming. Oliver? That vampyre boy. He didn't like people all that much, and it was obvious why. It must be hard to have to look at others and know that if they knew what you were, they would shy away or try to destroy you. Or laugh at you. He searched for last name. It wasn't a hard one, he knew, but it wasn't anything normal. Oliver Vandrose? He sighed. Yes, that fit. Everything in his mind clicked to that.

He went along the forest deftly. This place was his second home, his lonely place. This was his territory, and he knew it well.

Keith spotted the very slight of a form in the trees, smelling it as the source of the scent. He stopped walking, facing the hiding figure. Letting out another howl, he went up onto his hind legs and transformed back into human-form. His senses were better as a wolf, and since this was a mythical creature, he did not mind transforming. It was better that this young man knew what he was dealing with.

"Oliver Vandrose. You're not poaching in my forest, are you?"

Keith, by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Fri May 23, 2008 12:53 am

Oliver Vandrose

The scent was getting closer, as if whatever it belonged to was approaching him. Where exactly it was coming from, though, he wasn't sure. The scent was everywhere. . . It was dizzying him, confusing him.

But he kept his eyes trained on the space ahead of him, searching. . .

A moment later, a wolf crossed the little clearing and stopped right in front of him. He narrowed his eyes, watching as the dog howled, then rolled up onto his back legs; a moment later, it had transformed into a person. A person he recognized. . . Sheriff Dkain?

Well. He'd kept that secret well-hidden. But if he wasn't a werewolf, what was he?

Letting out a small sigh and stretching out his long legs, Oliver slowly stood out and rounded the tree, coming to face Sherrif Dkain with a small grin and raised eyebrow. "Good afternoon, Sheriff Dkain."

"Oliver Vandrose. You're not poaching in my forest, are you?" His voice was heavy, protective. This was his forest. His territory.

"Ah," Oliver said, cocking his head to the side. "Well. I'm sure you understand, Sheriff Dkain, with the circumstances. . ." He smiled and held his hands away from his body, palms out. The chances that Keith Dkain knew what Oliver was were good, seeing as he'd just transformed in front of him. "It's not poaching so much as it is erradicating the surplus."

He slid his hands in the pockets of his coat, he posture relaxing. His voice was less casual, though, and more pleading. If Dkain wouldn't let him hunt here, he'd have to travel. . . and knew what could happen while he was away? What if whatever was waiting to strike did it then? What then?

"Sheriff, I have to hunt," he said. "I have to. It's them" -- he gestured in Bela Nombre's general direction -- "or this, and I don't want to be a murderer, but what can I do? I have self-control, but I can never, ever overestimate that, put too much faith in it."

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
More than Music

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Fri May 23, 2008 2:48 am

Keith Dkain

Oliver appeared as Keith drew nearer and transformed back to his human-form. "Good afternoon, Sheriff Dkain." the boy said. Keith frowned, asking Oliver if he was poaching in his forest. "Ah, well. I'm sure you understand, Sheriff Dkain, with the circumstances..." Oliver smiled, and Keith remained unmoved. "It's not poaching so much as it is eradicating the surplus."

Keith sighed. "Poaching is illegal hunting still, Oliver." was all he said at first.

"Sheriff, I have to hunt." Oliver explained, his voice slightly pleading. Keith did not move. "I have to. It's them," Oliver waved his hand slightly in the direction of the town, and Keith's purple eyes sparkled. "Or this, and I don't want to be a murderer, but what can I do? I have self-control, but I can never, ever overestimate that, put too much faith in it."

With another nod, Keith went over to Oliver. "Well, boy, I have an idea for you then. I understand that it must be hard for you, to be forced to such an act to survive. So I will strike you a deal." he said, smiling slightly. It was not a fearsome smile, but friendly. "You must document every creature you take in my forest, and turn it in to me. And do not take more lives than you need, even if they are animals. Understood?" The man went over and placed a hand on Oliver's shoulder, patting it slightly. "You are a fine young man, to decide not to use humans. I am unsure if someone has told you that before, but you are very strong and a better person than most to do that. " He leaned a little closer. "Do you know that?"

Lots of people did not know their worth. The odd way of the world was to put down others to feel better about the self. But that came back, and - in the end - the self was put down by others who wanted the same thing. The whole chain made no sense to Keith, and he felt that part of his duty to this town was to keep it alive, inside and out. This Oliver-kid. He was a vampyre, but he couldn't help that. It was not something that he had ever deserved, and Keith knew that already.

Keith had entirely too much time on his hands, but it came in handy when he could find out what he wanted to know about people who needed to be known. Oliver just didn't want to be involved in the cruel ways of the world, and that was perfectly sensible.

"I am here, if you ever need to get away from the harsh ways of the people around you. Highschool, I still remember, is an incredibly hard time. We may not know each other well, but knowing someone takes trust. I promise that you can trust me."

Keith, by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Fri May 23, 2008 10:07 am

Oliver Vandrose

He felt a horrible swell of fear rise within his chest. What if Dkain told him to leave? That hunting in Eaz was no longer an option? What would happen then -- he and Ross would pick up and leave, go to the next town over? But Oliver felt sworn, somehow, to protect Bela Nombre -- just as surely as the man in front of him felt the same way. There were things out there that Oliver could change, could get rid of.

And he had some strange attachment to this little town, with all its strange little quirks.

Sheriff Dkain sighed slightly, then said, "Poaching is illegal hunting still, Oliver."

Right. Roughly translated, no more hunting. He felt a small sense of panic, but brushed it aside. He went on to explain, to plead with Dkain to see how important it was that he could hunt in Eaz, and the sheriff nodded, walking slowly to where Oliver stood.

"Well, boy, I have an idea for you then. I understand that it must be hard for you, to be forced to such an act to survive. So I will strike you a deal." He smiled, and Oliver relaxed. It was a friendly smile, not one of intimidation, and Oliver saw a small glimmer of hope. "You must document every creature you take in my forest, and turn it in to me. And do not take more lives than you need, even if they are animals. Understood?"

Oliver swallowed, then nodded. "Yes, sir."

Dkain clapped a hand on his shoulder then. "You are a fine young man, to decide not to use humans. I am unsure if someone has told you that before, but you are very strong and a better person than most to do that." Oliver looked down, and Dkain leaned a little closer. "Do you know that?"

Oliver furrowed a brow, and took a small step back -- just far enough that his shoulder was barely out of Sheriff Dkain's reach. "It's a compromise, not heroism, or anything of the sort." His voice was low, rough. "But I figure, as long as I'm a monster. . . well, there's really no hope for any kind of salvation, but I could try. . . right?"

He offered the sheriff a melancholy half-smile, before his curiosity got the best of him. His outlook considerably brighter, he asked, "So, Sheriff Dkain, if you don't mind my asking. . . what are you? You're not a werewolf, right?" The thought sent a shiver of automatic revulsion down his spine. A werewolf, and in such close proximity. . .

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
More than Music

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Sat May 24, 2008 1:07 am

Keith Dkain

Oliver displayed a looked, stepping just out of Keith’s reach. The man frowned again. “It’s a compromise, not heroism, or anything of the sort.” Oliver said. “But I figure, as long as I’m a monster… well, there’s really no hope for any kind of salvation, but I could try… right?” But Oliver gave him a half-smile, and Keith was relieved by it. “So, Sheriff Dkain, if you don’t mind my asking… what are you? You’re not a werewolf, right?”

Keith laughed. “No, I am not a werewolf.” he promised, turning from Oliver slightly. “I am a rather light version of a magical, possessing very few abilities. I never was given training for my powers, for I have told no one. I think that some may know if it, but I did tell them, and we never speak of it.” He met Oliver’s eyes squarely, with a look that made some shiver, but Keith’s expression with intensely calm. “I am not a werewolf, but do not underestimate me, Oliver Vandrose. I may not be incredibly skilled in my magic, but much of it comes without my consent.” He shook his head. “I do not mean to attempt at frightening you. I simply mean to let you know, this is my territory. My home. All I have. Do not forget that all will fight back when their home is threatened. By anything.”

There was a loud howl, and Keith’s ears pricked. “Finish your business and go home, Oliver. In this forest looms more than you should know. At least just yet.” He let out a howl in return to the far away echo, running off towards the source. ‘Trouble. With a capital ‘t’.

Keith has left the Forest. Sorry it's so soon!

Keith, by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Sat May 24, 2008 2:34 am

Oliver Vandrose

His anxiety washed away with Dkain's laugh. “No, I am not a werewolf.” he said, turning away from Oliver only slightly, an almost unconscious gesture. “I am a rather light version of a magical, possessing very few abilities. I never was given training for my powers, for I have told no one. I think that some may know if it, but I did tell them, and we never speak of it.”

Oliver nodded. "That's very intriguing." He rather wanted to know more about Dkain's strange situation. "And I hope you're not offended. . . but I'm rather glad our sheriff isn't a werewolf." He chuckled lightly, while trying to portray the seriousness of his comment. "Wolves are too. . . volatile."

Sheriff Dkain's expression changed. He looked at Oliver squarely, and though his face remained calm, it was a warning. “I am not a werewolf, but do not underestimate me, Oliver Vandrose. I may not be incredibly skilled in my magic, but much of it comes without my consent.”

Oliver furrowed his eyebrows. So his magic is controlled by his emotions. Perhaps that's worse than being a wolf, with human emotions being so unpredictable --

Dkain seemed to understand Oliver's expression, and shook his head. “I do not mean to attempt at frightening you. I simply mean to let you know, this is my territory. My home. All I have. Do not forget that all will fight back when their home is threatened. By anything.”

Oliver nodded. "I understand, Sheriff, and you have my word; if anything attempts to pass Bela Nombre's borders, I will be watching, as well." He hoped the sheriff saw how intent Oliver was on keeping his word, in this instance. He felt bound to protect, somehow. And he'd do whatever he could to protect Dkain's home. . . his home.

There was a loud, echoing howl, somewhere in the middle of the dense woods. Dkain tensed, and Oliver turned his head int eh direction from which it came. He tried to catch a scent, but it was getting muddled. . . there was something happening towards the beach. . .

“Finish your business and go home, Oliver. In this forest looms more than you should know. At least just yet.” Dkain was still tense.

"Yes, sir. And you have my word," Oliver repeated, as Dkain let loose a rugged howl of his own and bounded off in that direction. Oliver turned, his nostrils flared, as he began his hunt, wondering just what, exactly, Dkain had been taking about. More than I should know. . .

Was there more roaming the forest than wolves, like Ross had said? Something more dangerous -- not only to the town, but, perhaps, to him?

He quickened his pace and set off in the general direction of Tilicend Beach.

Oliver has left the Forest, as well.

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

"Cat?" she called through the forest, scanning her surroundings, even though it was kind of hard to see, what with the rain. She pulled her trench coat more tightly around her and called again, "Cat!" Blair leaned on a tree to look around it, but she couldn't see the cat. "Cat!" she called, and then realized that she had no idea what animal might have urinated on that tree. "Ew," she said, flicking the water off her hands.

Blair was looking for the cat that her father had given her as a Happy Thanksgiving (and sorry I went off to France with my gay boyfriend) present, which she'd named Cat, like the cat Holly Golightley had in Breakfast At Tiffany's. Her mother hated it - she said it left hair all over the place, but it didn't, really - but Blair clung to it, both for the Audrey Hepburn reference and the feeling that it was like a little piece of her dad that she could keep with her. But now it had run away after being scared of a dog when they were on the way to the vet's office so she could get a check-up, and so Blair had to find her. But she couldn't, so far. She had tried everywhere - everywhere but here. "Cat," she tried again, in a more dejected voice.

Where the hell is my Paul Varjak now? she thought. I'm in the rain, wearing a trench coat, and looking for Cat. Where is he?

Blair supposed she had to call him herself, since it didn't look he was about to show up anytime soon. She pulled out her sidekick and shielded it from the moisture with her hand and pressed '3,' her speed dial for Nate. "Natie?" she said when he picked up.

"Hello?" Nate said.

"Natie, it's me," Blair said.

"Hello?" Nate said.

"It's Blair!" she said, but Nate hung up. He couldn't hear her. She supposed it was because of the bad signal.

Suddenly she caught a glimpse of a familiar cat's tail disappearing behind a large oak. "Cat?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z11.invisionfree.com/Ballantyne_Rankin
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:56 am

Oliver Vandrose

The sounds reverberrated off the trees around him. A rustling, then a high-pitched cry of longing. It was eerie. It was human.

Oliver straightened up from his crouch. The hunt was never successful these days anyway. He was going without so much lately that he was surprised he hadn't snapped and killed someone. A small part -- a very small, absolutely miniscule part -- of his mind, in the farthest, darkest corner, figured Nate would be the most likely victim.

He followed the sound until he was looking into a small meado-wlike area where the trees grew further apart but their canopy of leaves still refused the sun access to the ground. It was green and dim and murky, like a deep, dark lake translated onto land. Water dripped from the trees above slowly.

But more than the empty greenness; there was a figure standing in the middle of the meadow, trenchcoat cinched around a slender waist; her back was to him. It was a female, and Oliver didn't need to inhale deeply to know exactly which one. Her undoubtedly expensive outerwear gave her away.

"Blair?" He called; he was cautious, careful not to frighten her as he had Ruby just the other day. He took slow, measured steps into the meadow until he was five feet away from her. "What are you doing out here, alone?"

But of course, there wasn't an real danger out here. Except for me.

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:35 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

"Blair?" The sound of an all too familiar voice made her stiffen slightly and turn around. Oliver. Blair wondered what was wrong with her. Why did Oliver still have such an effect on her? She had Nate now. And Nate was beautiful. But it seemed that she couldn't settle for just a beautiful boy. He had to be a beautiful, unattainable boy - it seemed that they were her weakness. She only wanted the things that she couldn't have. "What are you doing out here, alone?"

I am Grace Kelly, she thought. I am a graceful, dignified woman. Even if she couldn't stop wanting him, Blair saw no reason for being anything less than dignified. "I'm looking for my cat," she said formally, coldly, standing up straighter and pulling her coat more tightly around her. Grace Kelly, Grace Kelly, Grace Kelly. "She ran away because a dog scared her."

Just then, Blair caught the sight of a familiar, ginger tail peeking out of a bush. "Cat?" she said, going over to inspect it. And, sure enough, she found her cat in there - wet and forlorn-looking, but no worse for wear. "Cat!" she exclaimed, picking the animal up and petting its wet fur, forgetting for a moment about the whole, Grace Kelly thing and letting the little girl inside of her show for a moment.

But she remembered soon enough. I am Grace Kelly; Grace Kelly is me, she chanted in her head as she straightened up again and turned to face Oliver, the cold, stony look back in her eyes. "What are you doing here?" she asked icily, a slightly challenging tone in her voice. "Hunting?"
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:10 am

"]Oliver Vandrose

No sooner had Blair explained her purpose in the cold, wet middle of the woods than there was a flicker of yellow-orange tail, and a slight rustling sound. If he strained, he could hear the faint, erratic heartbeat of a small creature with extrememly high adrenaline levels. Paddup paddup paddup, in a quick six-eight time.

"Cat?" she said, rushing to the animal where it'd found shelter ina bush. Oliver followed her. "Cat!" she cried, scooping the firghtened little creature into her arms and smoothing it's wet, ragged fur. Oliver watched as her face lit up with joy at finding her pet; it was a girlish excitement, like waking up at five a.m. on Christmas morning out of sheer anticipation.

But a moment later she'd realized her mistake; she'd let her guard down and shown her true emotions for a split second. In a fraction of a heartbeat she'd composed herself into the cold, careless facade she wore most of the time. Oliver's shoulders slumped; for an impossible moment he'd been drawn in by Blair's raw reaction. Now she was back to normal, and he was slightly disappointed, but not surprised.

She turned to face Oliver again, her face cool and collected. "What are you doing here?" Her tone was pure ice. "Hunting?"

Oliver smirked, before taking a step closer and reaching out a cool hand carefully, touched the wet cat with two fingers gently. The cat bristled at the cold touch and it's ears laid back as it turned to glare at Oliver, who stepped back a fraction. It's wasn't intimidating him; he was frighteneing it, as was natural, and it was reacting out of sheer fright. Afraid it might leap out of Blair's arms and run again, he stepped back again and gave Blair an apologetic look before answering.

"Attempting to hunt is perhaps more accurate." He shoved his fists into the pockets on his jacket. "The game around here is dwindling swiftly. Ross has taken a semi-permanent residence closer to Rainier; perhaps you've noticed he hasn't been at school lately? He has a harder time with civilization than I."

Oliver turned and found a nearby tree; leaning against it lightly, he continued, "It's difficult, but not impossible. I've been able to refrain from doing anything I'd regret so far." He looked up and caught Blair's gaze evenly. "I think part of that is because of you, Blair."

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

The feel of Cat's fur under her fingertips was reassuring. Blair had to keep from cooing things like, Did the big scary dog hurt you? or something to her, more for her own comfort than Cat's. But she kept silent, perfectly composed and and the picture of coolness and calm, even though she didn't feel that way at all. What she felt was . . . well, anything but that, anyway. She felt like her stomach as tying itself into knots.

She saw Oliver reach two fingers out to touch the cat, and she could feel Cat bristle in her arms when his fingers reached her fur. "Don't touch her!" she snapped at him, holding Cat closer. "She's frightened enough already.

"So, what are you doing here?" she asked in a similarly cross tone. "Hunting?" she added, feeling that a jibe at him was necessary, to allow expression for the jumbled up emotions inside of her if not for anything else.

He kept maddeningly calm, however, as he answered. How can you be so nonchalant after everything that's happened? she thought, looking at him with a stony expression to hide behind. Nothing really interested her about his answer (since nothing betrayed any sort of reaction to the coldness in her voice) until he said, "I think part of that is because of you, Blair."

Blair had to keep her breath from catching in her throat as she swallowed and said evenly, coolly, "And why would that be?"
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:02 am

Oliver Vandrose

"And why would that be?"
Blair's voice was still collected, but Oliver could hear the faint acceleration of her heartbeat.

She was trying to hard to hide it, but he effected her. Granted she was still sympathetic towards Nate. . . . and granted, she was scheming something with Nate. . . . and granted, she was insufferable at times. . . .

. . . But knowing that somehow, in some small way, he had gotten to her, instead of the other way around, was deeply satisfying.

He grinned, before stepping closer, ignoring the bristling cat in her arms. He leaned forward and, his lips an inch away from her ear, whispered. "Because I'm constantly reminding myself that I can't just kill you. You've no idea how many times I've imagined it."

He backed away, sobered, his grin having slipped from his lips quickly. He retreated a few feet and cast his eyes down. "I'm sorry, Blair."

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

In spite of herself, her voice really did catch in her throat when Oliver moved tantalizingly close to her, his lips only an inch away from her ear. She could feel Cat squirming in her arms, but Blair was holding her too tight for her to run away again. She gave Cat a light squeeze, careful not to hurt her, holding onto her as if she were her lifeline.

Blair could feel the cold air coming out of Oliver's mouth tickling her ear as he whispered, "Because I'm constantly reminding myself that I can't just kill you. You've no idea how many times I've imagined it." Blair bit down on her lip hard as a sort of reflex - not quite hard enough for it to bleed (which was a good thing, especially considering her current company) but hard enough for it to hurt - and moved swiftly away.

"You have no right to speak to me that way," she told him prissily, her voice hard and icy. "It's completely inappropriate."

Oliver at least looked sufficiently penitent as he said, "I'm sorry, Blair."

"As it should be." She twisted her little ruby ring around on the middle finger of her right hand. I hope you know that you have a lot more to apologize for.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:32 am

Oliver Vandrose

Blair's voice was frozen as she spoke to him, her back rigid and her attitude checked. If she was shaken, she didn't show it. However, her heart betrayed her semi-collected exterior again.

"You've no right to speak to me that way," she spat. "It's completely inappropriate."

Oliver stepped back and apologized. A general apology he hoped wiped their long, messy slate clean. He wasn't specific, because he had too many sins to atone for. To have listed them would have taken too long.

As it should be," she said, before her fingers began to, of their own accord, twist the tiny ring on one of her fingers. Her heart continued it's own rhythm, one Oliver found somewhat endearing. Pit-pit pat, pit-pit pat.

That small sound, the patter of her heart against her ribcage, was enough to set his smile blazing. His lips split in a small, chagrinned smile before he realized all the many reasons this was so very wrong. The most obvious of those reasons: Blair was Blair, and Oliver wasn't sure exactly how far he could trust her. Was she still cozying up to Nate? Was she already scheming some plan to turn this simple conversation into something Oliver would most likely fret over later? His expression straightened and he retreated to the nearest tree, leaning lightly against it.

"So," he started quietly. And then, forgetting his attempt at nonchalance, he lifted a hand to his hair, his fingers locking around the curls and pulling slightly. "What I don't understand is why you're here."

He looked up, and then shook his head. "Not here, literally. Why you're still standing here, talking to me as if I couldn't snap at any moment. Why you still. . . trust me. Why you don't run and avoid me, as you should." He shook his head again. "I don't deserve friendship, Blair. I don't deserve -- nor do I want -- pity. So what is it? Why are you still here when you could be safe somewhere else -- anywhere else. Why me?"

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:06 am

Blair Vanderbilt

As Blair twisted her little ruby ring around her finger, she heard Oliver speak, "So," he said in a would-be nonchalant voice before he dropped the facade, tugging at his hair in a frustrated manner. "What I don't understand is why you're here."

"I told you," she snapped and then regained her composure, speaking coolly, "I was looking for my cat."

He looked up, and then shook his head. "Not here, literally. Why you're still standing here, talking to me as if I couldn't snap at any moment. Why you still. . . trust me. Why you don't run and avoid me, as you should." Blair swallowed, still twisting her ring around her finger. "I don't deserve friendship, Blair. I don't deserve -- nor do I want -- pity. So what is it? Why are you still here when you could be safe somewhere else -- anywhere else. Why me?"

She swallowed again, not meeting his eyes, as she contemplated his questions.

Well, he was hot, but so was Nate. In fact, Nate was probably tied with Oliver as the best looking boy she had ever seen. And it wasn't like he treated her especially well; he had nothing on Nate in that respect. In fact, Oliver treated her pretty badly - embarrassing her, judging her. But . . . she couldn't help but be drawn to him. It might be because he was the only boy she couldn't have. It might be because he knew her like no one else did. Whatever it was, she had no idea.

"No comment," Blair finally said.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:47 am

Oliver Vandrose

Blair seemed to contemplate his question for a short moment before she replied. "No comment," she said, and Oliver sighed.

Blair was not the type to forgo supplying her opinion. Not unless it would leave her vulnerable, could allow someone else ot break through her hard exterior. Oliver shook his head with a small melancholy grin.

"I don't believe you, Blair." He shoved the hand that had been running through his hair into his pocket again. "Blair Vanderbilt always has a comment, whether anyone wants to hear it or not. I can't believe you wouldn't have even one small thing to say." He might as well have been poking a sleeping beast with a sharp stick, waiting for it to rear up and take the bait. He was treading into dangerous territory, provoking Blair like this. He waited without breath for her answer.

"You know I wouldn't ever use anything you said against you, don't you?" He lowered his head and looked at her from beneath his lashes, letting his eyes smolder. It was perhaps a rash and selfish way to get what he wanted, using a trick he'd accidentally discovered one day in the courtyard; once he'd noticed Blair's reaction when he'd flashed his "charm" at her. Perhaps it would work again. "I'm not like the students at school, not like the rumor mill. I wouldn't use your own words to rip you off your throne like they would."

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:15 am

Blair Vanderbilt

"I don't believe you, Blair," Oliver said after she abstained from answering his question. "Blair Vanderbilt always has a comment, whether anyone wants to hear it or not. I can't believe you wouldn't have even one small thing to say."

It was then that Blair's temper flared up. She honestly didn't know the answer to his question, and, most of all, he was always judging her like this. Of all the people she had ever known, he was probably the most judgemental of them all. "You don't know me," she snapped. "I said, no comment."

"You know I wouldn't ever use anything you said against you, don't you?" He looked at her with smouldering eyes from under his eyelashes, his voice smooth . . . seductive. Blair swallowed, willing herself not to fall prey to his little trick. She was too smart, too good at this to fall for it. "I'm not like the students at school, not like the rumor mill. I wouldn't use your own words to rip you off your throne like they would."

"I don't know the answer to your question," she snapped at him. "Which is why, since I've found Cat, I'm going to leave." As she brushed past him to leave, she murmured, "It's been a pleasure running into you." With that, she made a dignified exit, still holding her cat to her.

Blair Vanderbilt has left the Forest.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:28 am

Oliver Vandrose

He could tell when he had broken into Blair's defense and triggered her anger and frustration. She was visibly annoyed at him, and when she spoke, her word bit in the cold air with little puffs of vapor. His breath was cool enough that it did not cause that effect.

"I said, no comment," she spat, and Oliver held up his hands in apology, bowing his head slightly. He pressed his case again, however, by reassuring her that he wasn't like the kids at school. It didn't appear to help any.

[b]"I don't know the answer to your question,"
she retorted. "Which is why, since I've found Cat, I'm going to leave." She hugged the feline ot her chest and breezed across the meadow. Before she'd passed him, she added, "It's been a pleasure running into you." And then she was gone. Oliver watched her disappear through the hazy green forest.

"Enjoyed the discussion," he muttered, his fist resting against the tree for a moment before he pushed away from the trunk and pushed his legs to carry him back towards the little house he and Ross occupied on the edge of town. The green air and moss brushed past, unrecognnizable, as he pressed himself faster than he'd gone in a couple days.

Oliver Vandrose has left the forest, as well.

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eaz Forest   

Back to top Go down

Eaz Forest
Page 1 of 1