The Smoking Spot

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Smoking Spot   Sun May 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Oliver Vandrose

"Yes," Blair whispered, her tone pleading. She stepped forward. "Please? I need to know," she said. Oliver shook his head and looked away; she was dangerously close to getting what she wanted simply by using those wide, brown eyes and pouting her lips ever so slightly. It was entirely genuine, and entirely heartbreaking.

"I can't go on like this much longer," she said, taking another deep breath before adding, "Please."

Oliver sighed and turned to her again. "What do you want me to say? It's not going to make things better, is it?"

"I need a reason to take your advice," she said. "Three words. Eight letters. Say it... and I'm yours."

He stared at her for a few moments, hesitating, thinking. She wanted him to say it... but could he? Yes, he'd been so unbelievably angry when he'd seen that scum kissing her, and yes, he was insanely jealous for some reason... but did he love her? He could have, in the past. But there was too much time spent arguing for him to ever figure it out.

And if he said it just to make her happy... it wouldn't be the same.

But he couldn't leave things like this.

"I can't say that, Blair," he said. "I hope you understand, or that you will later on. I care about you, Blair, but I can't tell you what you want to hear." He took a deep breath, steadying himself, before he went on. "I'm sorry, Blair. I'm so sorry. But I can't."

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://belanombre.gratisforo.net
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: The Smoking Spot   Mon May 25, 2009 9:47 am

Blair Vanderbilt

"I need a reason to take your advice," she said and she felt herself clench up inside and her stomach heave and she was lucky she hadn't eaten anything or she might have thrown up right then and there. "Three words. Eight letters. Say it...and I'm yours." There were her cards on the table, her full hand and there was no taking them back now. It was time for him to make his move now and she had no idea what he would do.

A long silence. Blair's fingers grasped her llittle ruby ring so hard that it made an indent on her pointer. Finally, he spoke. "I can't say that, Blair," he said and Blair had to choke back a wracking sob. She hugged herself tightly around her waist. Despite everything, she had hoped, maybe even believed that he would say the words. But since she was Blair Vanderbilt and fantasies didn't come true for her anymore, of course he didn't. "I hope you understand, or that you will later on. I care about you, Blair, but I can't tell you what you want to hear. I'm sorry, Blair. I'm so sorry. But I can't."

Silence again. "Why do you even bother?" Blair whispered, thinking aloud and she just couldn't take it anymore, his apologies and her neediness and her weakness and she just wanted it to stop. "Can you please just go away?" she said to him in a flat, empty voice after another pause.

When she was alone, she simply stood there for a few moments before going to the nearest bathroom. Self-loathing eyes stared at her in the mirror as she gasped and sobbed and when she looked into those eyes she gave into her biggest weakness. Stuck her finger down her throat and heaved it all out.

Blair is done here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z11.invisionfree.com/Ballantyne_Rankin
AvantGarde
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Smoking Spot   Mon May 25, 2009 10:39 am

Oliver Vandrose

"Why do you even bother?" Blair whispered, her accusatory glare piercing straight through him.

He was tired of hurting her. Tired of watching her slowly deflate every time he apologized for aall the mistakes he'd made. He hated that they couldn't just be friends; he hated that the closest relationship he had with anyone at Bela Nombre High School was with her, and it was more hate than love. He was tired of fighting with her.

But what was it that he wanted? Friendship, or more? And it wasn't fair to her that he couldn't decide... yet she was getting the blunt end of the deal.

"Blair, please..." he started, but Blair cut him off.

"Can you please just go away?" she said, her voice suddenly emotionless.

He hesitated, taking slow, steadying breaths, before he nodded. "Sure," he said quietly. He turned away from her and in one swift movement had vaulted the fence. Once he'd landed on the property on the other side, he straightened up and turned back around.

"Blair? Please don't let this be the last time we talk to each other," he asked. Before she could answer, he turned and walked away, too unfocused to try and keep up a human facade in classes. As he shoved his hands into the front pockets of his jeans, he could only think of one thing.

You've got to make a decision.

Oliver has left the smoking spot.

OOC | Twitter | Profile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://belanombre.gratisforo.net
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: The Smoking Spot   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Okay, so she and Oliver were pretty much a go - after all this time, they'd finally worked it out and set up an actual, real date. Maybe he'd tell her she looked beautiful when they met. Maybe he'd kiss her on the cheek like a gentleman as a greeting. Maybe he'd take her home afterward and try to do several very ungentlemanly things to her...but no, that was probably the thing about him she would have liked to change. They might have fought and sparred and jabbed at each other in the past, but he'd never treat her more roughly than he'd treat a porcelain doll, which Blair both adored and loathed about him. On one hand, she loved that he thought she was that special, but on the other, there was a part of her that kind of wanted to feel pain. It was the part that drew her to Anthony in the first place.

But she didn't want to think about Anthony. She tried to push all thoughts of him out of her head as she exhaled a long drag of smoke. He had been her very biggest mistake. Thank God she had lost her virginity to Nate and not him, because otherwise the memory of her first time would have been forever tainted for her. Nate had been worthy of her first time; she had genuinely cared for him and he was obviously gorgeous and he did get her. Although a part of her thought that maybe it would have been more special if she'd saved it for Oliver.

Still, she didn't want to think about regrets. She didn't regret Nate at all, although she did regret Anthony. Still, maybe she and Oliver wouldn't have been able to work it out if not for the whole Anthony debacle. She just hoped that Ruby girl would keep her mouth shut so that she could move past all this. But then she did seem like she had a thing for Oliver, and she probably would have loved to see Oliver and Blair break up (somehow the whole school managed to find out about them). And that Anthony would leave her alone. He was extremely possessive and passionate and borderline violent in nature; to be honest, she was kind of afraid of what she might do.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom of Paris

PostSubject: Re: The Smoking Spot   Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:08 pm

Ruby Gehringer

Ruby had a free period after her first morning class, meant to be spent studying or some other productive activity. Usually, she used it to catch up on whatever sleep she missed the night before, but she had crashed after watching the first twenty minutes of Glee and subsequently was wide awake. She had attempted to actually get some work done, but had abandoned the effort after about twenty solid minutes of staring at her precalculus textbook. Ruby had waited quietly until she was sure no one was looking at her, slipping out of the room with her stuff the moment the teacher's back was turned. Her purple peasant-style skirt swishing around her legs, she stole away down the corridor, hoping to amuse herself in some way for the next forty minutes until her next class.

She spent a few amusing minutes looking into different classrooms, catching the eye of some daydreaming student for just a second before vanishing out of their line of vision. Once that bored her, she tried to sneak into the teacher's lounge, but found the door locked and had to make up some excuse for not being in class when the Dean of Students walked by with a suspicious look on his face. Okay, fun's over, she thought, watching his retreating back as he left the hallway. I'd better find some place to hide for a bit. Walking faster, with more purpose now, she made her way into the halls of the English department.

A small door in an out-of-the way corner caught her eye, and Ruby reached for it, tugging down the sleeves of her back sweater in some defense from the chilly Washington air. It led to a small, enclosed space that looked deserted for the most part, but Ruby could tell that someone had been there recently. She smiled softly, letting the door close behind her as she wondered exactly what sort of rendesvous-point this weird alcove could be.

Immediately, she coughed as the smell of cigarette smoke hit her. Oh...this is... Her smile wavered as she took in the tainted air, the smoke mixing with other fumes that she didn't quite recognize. She was just about to turn and head back into the school when she saw a familiar--and unwelcome--face out of the corner of her eye. Ruby turned, her hand still on the handle of the door. "Oh, hi...Blair."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristin Chenoweth

PostSubject: Re: The Smoking Spot   Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

Blair had just finished her cigarette and was just about to leave to go back to the lunchroom when she heard someone say, "Oh hi...Blair." When she saw who it was who said that, she decided that she needed another one to soothe her perpetually frayed nerves, because Ruby Gehringer certainly did have a knack for getting on her nerves. Especially considering what she had seen the last time Blair had seen her - she'd walked in on Anthony and Blair kissing back when she had still been caught up in the delicious thrill of the forbidden. When Anthony's intensity flattered and excited her rather than scared her.

One time, Anthony bit the palm of her hand to keep himself from crying out almost hard enough to break the skin. And she'd liked it. She liked that someone had the gall to be truly rough with her, and if she was perfectly honest, she liked the way it hurt.

She couldn't imagine something like that ever happening with Oliver. She could beg and moan and whisper into his ear but she was sure that he'd never bite her or scratch her or hold her too tight, even if she wanted him to. It was one of the things she liked best and least about him.

Oliver aside, though, she still didn't like Ruby, or that she knew about what had happened between her and Anthony. She was pretty sure she wouldn't tell (and who would believe her even if she did tell?) but she didn't like her knowing. Plus, Ruby was one of those people who Blair could bet was just waiting for her to fall from her pedestal - she was probably judging her in her mind right now. Or was she jealous? After all, Anthony was a very attractive man, there was no denying. And Ruby had never been kissed, to Blair's knowledge. She almost felt sorry for her...but not quite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Smoking Spot   

Back to top Go down

The Smoking Spot
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2