Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Twitter Feed  

Pocker Caverns

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AvantGarde
Admin
AvantGarde

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptyMon May 19, 2008 9:25 am

Discovered in 1913 by Geoff Pocker, the caverns just on the edge of Eaz Forest are deep, dark, and mysterious. Though having been fully explored when they were discovered, the caves remain secretive; there always seems to be a new turn, a new hollow, a new wide, open cavern. It's as if they adjust to the mind of the adventurer, though not to dapt to thier desires -- rather to surprise, to intimidate. Rarely do any travel much further than the front foyer, as most refer to it.

The front foyer is a wide, large 'room' of sorts, just beyond the narrow opening hidden in a cove of pine trees. On rainy nights, rather than attempt vainly to start a bonfire on the damp beach, parties take place in the front foyer, tucked away from the drizzle and cold.

But within darkness lies darkness, and any who cross the threshold are instantly aware that danger lies just beyond the next bend. . .
Back to top Go down
http://belanombre.gratisforo.net
Kristin Chenoweth

Kristin Chenoweth

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 12:12 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

Some people found the caverns really scary. Well, not Blair. She marched right into the most remote corners of the caverns without fear, as if they were the hallways of the school that she ruled over. She never was one to be scared of pretend ghosts and imagined whispers - real life was always scarier than pretend for Blair, and she had a knack for not seeing what she didn't want to see. Some called it denial. She called it a simple altering of the facts.

Plus, ghosts could try as they might, but they still had nothing on Blair Vanderbilt.

She wondered what it said about her that she chose one of the creepiest places in Bela Nombre to relax. Probably that she was a very scary person herself. She smirked. That was very true.

She had dragged Esther over here and made her make a fire for her so she would feel all cozy and such. Esther had, of course, obeyed - she had been long used to Blair's whims.

The fire crackled merrily, and she could hear rain pitter-pattering on the cave roof. She liked the novelty of it. It was as if it were straight out of an Audrey Hepburn movie. All it needed was a soundtrack. Well, Blair could supply that.

She began to sing.

"Moon River
Wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style
Someday
Oh, dream maker
You heart breaker
Wherever I'm going
I'm going your way
Two drifters
Off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbows end
Waiting round the bend
My huckleberry friend
Moon River
And me..."
Back to top Go down
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Ballantyne_Rankin
The Phantom of Paris

The Phantom of Paris

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 11:18 am

Ruby Gehringer

Ruby pulled her trench coat tighter around herself and held her fedora in place with her hand as she raced into the caves to escape the rain. It pounded on the ground outside like it would never end, although the noise lessened the further she roamed into the caverns. She reached into the depths of her trench coat and removed her book bag from where she had shoved it so it would escape the rain mostly unscathed, slinging it over her shoulder before venturing deeper into the darkness.

Wait. It wasn't dark. That was light pouring out from nearby, and the scent of smoke. Someone was having a campfire in the caves. What the heck? Who's here? She tiptoed closer. Soon, the sounds of singing reached her ears.

"...I'm going your way
Two drifters
Off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbows end
Waiting round the bend
My huckleberry friend
Moon River
And me..."

She entered into the 'room' where the fire was and stopped short, her Goth Bride skirt swishing about her ankles as she stared. Blair. Blair Vanderbilt was in the caves. Singing. With a campfire going. And Ruby had interrupted her.

Well this is awkward...

"Oh, lord," she said, slowly waving awkwardly. "Greetings, Blair....sorry I interrupted you. I didn't know anyone was here...I was just trying to get out of the rain....I'll leave if you want me to. I'm really sorry." She smirked. "Nice song."
Back to top Go down
Kristin Chenoweth

Kristin Chenoweth

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

She made no effort to adjust her position (her usual, prim, every-hair-in-place stance was already in place; it was a habit to maintain perfect posture at all times) or anything when she saw that Ruby girl come in. Whatever, she thought. She's a nobody. But then again, everyone was a nobody compared to Blair. Well, nearly everyone. Not Nate. He had climbed the social ladder with impressive skill, but, then again, in a town as small as Bela Nombre there were less people to climb over.

Also, Nate was easily the richest, best-looking boy in school (aside from Oliver, but she didn't want to think about him). That alone earned him instant popularity, and the fact that he had successfully charmed Blair? That, combined with his wealth and good looks, was enough to earn him a spot on the A-list.

They'd been hanging out. They'd been on a perfectly romantic date, where Blair had decided that Oliver wasn't worth her time. Of course, he did keep sneaking into her thoughts, but whenever he did, she replaced the thoughts with thoughts of Nate and the way his pretty, blue eyes seemed to smile at her all the time. It was very effective.

"Oh, lord," Ruby said, breaking Blair out of her reverie. Blair rolled her huge, brown eyes. There was really nothing to 'oh, lord' about. She was just sitting and singing, both of which she did at school. Why shouldn't she do it here? "Greetings, Blair....sorry I interrupted you. I didn't know anyone was here...I was just trying to get out of the rain....I'll leave if you want me to. I'm really sorry."

Blair was about to tell the bitch to go drown in the rain, but then a white flash of lightning came and an extremely loud BOOM of thunder sounded right after it, one that would make any other girl scream but left her completely and utterly unfazed, and she decided it would be too evil even for her to let anyone go out into that mess. "Whatever," she said, indicating that Ruby could stay.

"Nice song." Ruby smirked.

Blair looked at her with narrowed eyes, her long, curly eyelashes and red lipgloss making her look like a brown-eyed, brunette Marilyn Monroe. She didn't like Ruby's smirk. "You can wipe that smirk off your face," Blair told her. "And it is a nice song. It's from Breakfast At Tiffany's." Blair got out her iPod Video and started watching said movie - indicating that the conversation was over - smiling almost imperceptibly as the opening notes of Moon River played and as Audrey Hepburn walked in front of Tiffany and Company eating a Danish and sipping from a paper cup of water in a Givenchy dress.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom of Paris

The Phantom of Paris

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 11:26 pm

Ruby Gehringer

Blair seemed on the verge of telling Ruby to beat it when a lightning flash lit up the cave, followed immediately an enormous clap of thunder that seemed to rattle the very walls and made Ruby jump. Wow, this seems like the worst we've had in a while...I hope it doesn't last too long.

The sound of the tempest outside seemed to make Blair reconsider, for she answered only with a "Whatever," and looked at Ruby in a way that let her know she could stay there to ride out the storm. Ruby gave her a smirk before saying "Nice song," in regards to the song Blair had been singing when Ruby had arrived.

Unreasonable Blair came back in a flash. "You can wipe that smirk off your face," she told her snootily. Ruby didn't. "Blair, I'm sure you know by now that I don't really like following orders," she told her with an amused smile. "And it is a nice song. It's from Breakfast At Tiffany's." Ruby rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I know that. My older sister loves that movie. You know, Christina? She graduated last year? It's one of her favorites."

Blair focused instead on her iPod, where the movie was undoubtedly playing, and Ruby knew that this was her signal to shut up. She sat herself on the ground close to the fire and pulled out her copy of Dracula along with her own iPod and started to read, the sounds of Evanescence once again in her ear. She smiled as she remembered earlier, how Oliver had startled her while she was singing. Kind of the same thing, isn't it? He walked in when I was singing, I walked in when Blair was singing...but I didn't scare her. I doubt anything can.

Raising her voice so she could be heard over "Bring Me to Life" on her own iPod and Breakfast at Tiffany's on Blair's, she held up her book. "Ever read it before?" she asked, attempting to make conversation.

[i]Not that she's easy to converse with, but why not--I've got nothing better to do.
Back to top Go down
Kristin Chenoweth

Kristin Chenoweth

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:13 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

Before turning to her iPod, Blair gave Ruby a withering look that said, _Why the hell would I remember who Christina or whatever her name is? More importantly, why the hell are you talking to me?_ She then focused on her iPod Video, where Breakfast At Tiffany's was playing. For a moment she managed to forget that Ruby was even there - which was good, since Ruby had always really annoyed her and she seemed to get more and more annoying every second - and surveyed Audrey Hepburn's movements, her mannerisms, knowing she'd get it down just a little bit better. Practice made perfect, and Blair had so much practice trying to be Audrey that she was almost perfect at it. Only she doubted Audrey had any of the sh** stuff in her life that Blair had - Audrey never had a dad who ran off to France with his gay boyfriend, or a bitchy mom. But whatever. Soon she'd go to Yale and then become wildly successful and then she'd be able to be exactly like Audrey.

Her hair was beginning to bother her; she constantly had to tuck it behind her ears to stop it from obstructing her view of the iPod. Eventually she just gave up trying to push it back and took off her headband and, with a few twists of her wrist, secured it into a French twist, thanking Cosmopolitan for teaching her how to do one without bobby pins and in thirty seconds.

Just as she was about to go back to the movie, Ruby's voice interrupted her yet again. Blair hit the pause button on her iPod and glared at her as she said, "Ever read it before?" holding up her copy of Dracula.

"Only about a million times," Blair said in an unfriendly voice and went back to the movie. STFU, please, she told Ruby in her head.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom of Paris

The Phantom of Paris

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 8:11 am

Ruby Gehringer

"Only about a million times," Blair said condescendingly before turning back to her iPod. Ruby looked at her with a mixture of amusement and contempt. "Lovely," she murmured to herself as she turned a page. The dark yet beautiful combination of the storm, her book, and Sarah Brightman's "Fleur Du Mal" blaring on her iPod made it hard to be mad at Blair for more than a few seconds, though. She soon became immersed in her book.

"'You are clever man, friend John; you reason well, and your wit is bold; but you are too prejudiced. You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain...' "

A huge clap of thunder radiated throughout the cave, and Ruby jumped in alarm, looking up wildly. Wow, it's getting worse...I wish I could go out and watch it. How epic win would that be?

"Wow," she whispered reverently. "This is awesome. I love storms."
Back to top Go down
Kristin Chenoweth

Kristin Chenoweth

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Blair Vanderbilt

"Wow. This is awesome. I love storms." Like I care, Blair thought after Ruby said this, and didn't answer her, instead taking out her Sidekick to call Nate. She pressed the 'three' button and then the 'call' button (three was Nate's speed dial number; one being her mother and two being her father, despite him living in France, because, if she demoted him from being on her speed dial, then she would feel as if he really wasn't part of her family anymore, and that was just too much for her - Blair had never been good at facing things head on; she had always preferred to pretend like everything was perfect instead. It was easier, less painful).

"Ugh, there's not signal," she complained when her attempts to contact someone who wasn't totally annoying failed. But that was alright. She closed her eyes for three seconds and imagined the perfect conversation with Nate. And then she opened them and closed her eyes for three more, and an entire film played in her mind during those three seconds.

It was her perfect, Audrey Hepburn-like fantasy, in which she would go to Yale and marry Nate and live happily ever after and Oliver would be so crazy with remorse and jealousy that he'd stumble on the street and get run over by a truck - no, a plane, since a truck was probably too light for him (she guessed he'd have to stumble onto an airplane runway instead, then). Nate and Blair would go visit him and tell him all about the fabulous parties they'd been to, even after all the trouble he'd caused. He would just grunt and fart and, even though he was a vampire, but Blair wouldn't mind. Everyone would call her Saint Blair and give her awards for her good deeds and charitable heart.

After those three seconds, she opened her eyes again and looked off-handedly at Ruby. "So, I saw you made a new friend at the courtyard," she remarked, too bored not to talk to her. "Johanna, is it?" she said in that stately, supremely intimidating way of hers that she found was now her natural tone of voice. When she spoke to Nate and Oliver, her voice was more breathy and fragile (either that or seductive or Marilyn-esque), but that was conscious. With everyone else, it was the same old intimidating, icy voice. "What a delightful girl," she remarked. "That is, if you get past her one emotion. I can imagine it can get rather tiresome."
Back to top Go down
The Phantom of Paris

The Phantom of Paris

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 4:21 am

Ruby Gehringer

Blair had obviously heard Ruby's quiet comment to herself about storms, but ignored it, choosing instead to dig out her cell phone. Ruby raised an eyebrow and chuckled silently. Blair, it's the storm of the century out there. There's no way you're going to be able to call your mommy or your maid or whoever you're trying to reach.

"Ugh, there's not signal," she complained, snapping the phone shut. Ruby shrugged and said nothing, her eyes focused on her book. She decided it would be better to keep quiet until the storm had calmed down enough for her to leave, rather than risk aggravating Blair anymore. As funny as that would be, it's just not smart. Think about it--no witnesses here. She could be as mean as she wanted and no one would know...

Unfortunately, though, Blair wasn't privy to her plan. "So, I saw you made a new friend at the courtyard. Johanna, is it?" Ruby nodded. "Yeah. Johanna Montgomery. Exchange student from Brussels."
"What a delightful girl," Blair said. "That is, if you get past her one emotion. I can imagine it can get rather tiresome."

Hey, wait a second. She's not that bad...well, the endless sarcasm does get a bit old, but that doesn't make her any less of a person. She's pretty funny most of the time. "On the contrary, I find Johanna highly amusing. She has one of the most acute senses of sarcasm thus far exhibited in a human being."
Back to top Go down
Kristin Chenoweth

Kristin Chenoweth

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 11:29 am

Blair Vanderbilt

"On the contrary, I find Johanna highly amusing. She has one of the most acute senses of sarcasm thus far exhibited in a human being," Ruby said in reply to her little jab at Johanna.

Blair's lips curled up at the corners into a smirk. Honestly, Ruby was probably the most pathetic person she knew, aside from maybe Oliver, what with her whole rebel attitude. Blair thought that she was probably just afraid that if she ever tried, then she would fail. Which she would. Ruby just wasn't cut out to be part of Blair's world of parties and pretension, facade and fraud. She would be eaten alive.

"It's so amusing to see you make excuses for your little friend," Blair said, standing up and pulling her coat more tightly around herself. "I know you just don't have any other options and so you'll have to settle with what you have. And I know why you don't have other options. It's not because you're so independent and everything. It's because, even if you stopped judging everyone that passes by just because they're not so-called rebels, you wouldn't be able to make any other friends anyway." Her smirk widened. "Goodbye, Ruby," Blair said patronizingly. "I hope your book is captivating."

Blair has left the Cavern.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom of Paris

The Phantom of Paris

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 6:49 am

Ruby Gehringer

Blair smirked at Ruby's attempt to defend Johanna. I suppose she just doesn't get it. She doesn't get how someone would want to be friends with someone who doesn't care, who isn't perfect or pretty or rich, who can't help you get ahead in life because of who they are and who they know. I can't really blame her for that, either; it's the only life she's ever known. She doesn't know how life is for the other half, and she probably can't imagine it either. Shame, really, but at least it's not her fault. It's her upbringing and the company she keeps. Maybe she's really down to earth inside, but she can't show that on the outside, so I'll never know.

Her world is all about keeping up appearances and not letting one's guard down. Too bad she'll never know life is much more fun when you do.

"It's so amusing to see you make excuses for your little friend. I know you just don't have any other options and so you'll have to settle with what you have. And I know why you don't have other options. It's not because you're so independent and everything. It's because, even if you stopped judging everyone that passes by just because they're not so-called rebels, you wouldn't be able to make any other friends anyway." Ruby's mouth fell open. "I--" She stopped herself. Did she do that? She didn't think she closed herself off to people who weren't more like herself, but did she? Could Blair see what Ruby could not, or was she just being herself in order to antagonize her?

"Goodbye, Ruby. I hope your book is captivating." Without another word Blair strode coolly out of the cave, seeming not to care about the still raging storm outside. Her driver and car would probably be waiting close by, so Blair most likely wouldn't even get wet at all. Lucky. I don't even know how I'm gonna get home... She couldn't call for a ride--her dad was working at the hospital that evening and her mother was hanging out with some friend Ruby had neglected to obtain the phone number of. I'm screwed, aren't I?

She stayed in the cave for a while, reading and hoping the storm would die down, but she gave up when she grew too afraid to remain alone in the caves any longer. She tucked her book into her bag and put her bag under her trenchcoat for protection from the rain, set her fedora firmly on her head, and ran out into the deafening storm.

Ruby has left the caves
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pocker Caverns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocker Caverns   Pocker Caverns Empty

Back to top Go down

Pocker Caverns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bela Nombre :: The Outskirts-
Jump to: